martes, 17 de octubre de 2023

Data, geomatic and... design?

First of all, I have to admit that I haven't thought about an ideal job for myself. But, for sure, it have to be a job where I would be a to research, generate data and make it useful for the people and decision-making.

Of course, I need data management, statistics and geomatic skills. Why geomatic? Because, at the end of the day, the decisions made by society have implications in the use of geographical space. So, I should be able to relate the information and its physical representation through communication techniques (like cartographies and stuff :p).

About the money... I don't really worry about it. As far as I know, data scientists, programmers and this kind of professionals don't earn much money, but that's ok. I mean, I think money is great, but is not as important as working in something you like.

I'm considering to take a major related to satellite images and geospatial analysis. In my opinion, there is a long distance between the science research and population knowledge. My idea is to improve this connection, generating information not for the science world but for the people, institutions and communities. 

In case I don't want to work in this anymore, I would like to live by the art :D, specifically in areas related to fashion, graphic design or custom clothing. I know it's sooooo different of previous job, but is my second option because I view this stuff as hobbies.



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario